Friday, December 23, 2011

The 700 for Christmas!!!!!!

     So when I woke up this morning I thought I would shoot the "700 Point Pistol Aggregate" to celebrate Christmas instead of a full training session (which I had planned and written out).  I was intent on shooting it cold (as always) and would post whatever score I was to get.  Of course this upped the stakes a bit.  As you may know, where I work the 700 is used as a standard test and we are held to that standard so I couldn't mess around. 

     After working for a while (surfing the web), I decided to go shoot.  Of course now the wind is blowing left to right then right to left.  It was everywhere and hard.  Once I set up my target and grabbed bunch of repair centers (NO TAPE), I was ready.  After my first string I dropped a few more points than I wanted to but I was just getting started.  So after a deep breath it was on and I kept a positive attitude putting each shot behind me as it hit black.

     In the future, I would like to write about the mental management side of shooting but for now I am very much a student, trying to continuely focus and maintain that focus while shooting.  What was interesting to me when I finished was my Strong Hand Only (SHO) Slow Fire and SHO 5 rounds in 20 seconds was my worst 10 round group.  Interesting because I shoot SHO so much.

My 643 for Christmas 2011.  Yes I see that shot in the five ring too.  No need to point it out.  It was windy remember.

     So all said and done I shot a 643 cold on December 23, 2011.  Now if you havent shot the 700 this will not mean anything to you but if you have, well you can decide for yourself if it is good or not or up to your standard.  It exceeds my standard of shooting a 620 cold on any given day if called to do so.  Even in front of an audience, class or peers. 

     I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Thank you for all your support.
     The "DAV"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment